Friday, November 13, 2009

Holiday Decorating

I have holiday decorating on my brain lately, probably because it's in every flyer and all over the internet already. However, I have promised myself never to put up Christmas decorations until after Baby B's birthday {December 8th} so that his birthday never blends with the holidays {no joint gifts either!}. So, I still have a few weeks to decide what I'm going to do this year.

We haven't collected much in the way of decorations in the almost 4 years we have been married, since we never really saw the point {we haven't hosted many gatherings in the past} but now that we have a little one, it's much more fun, and necessary, to decorate! We bought a new tree at Costco when they first came out, and I picked up some decorations last year when things were on clearance.

I am working towards a more sophisticated colour scheme since the majority of our decorations are blue and purple and were purchased from Ikea {nothing wrong with their stuff, some of my favourite white glass balls with ribbons are from there - we are just ready for a change}.

I am also coveting a gorgeous wreath from Pottery Barn. I love it's simplicity, and that it's not too traditional looking. I am hoping to collect a few other items this year as well, like a wooden or metal reindeer... maybe a trip to Pier 1 will be in my future!

I was totally blown away by a recent post by Centsational Girl, showcasing her handmade Manzanita Advent Tree! Simply amazing!

Where is your favourite place to shop for holiday decorations?

No comments:

Post a Comment