Saturday, March 6, 2010

And Saturday is the new Friday!

Friday afternoon we left to go away for the weekend before I had a chance to write my blog post. We are back in my husband's home town because yesterday was his friend's surprise 30th birthday party. I am trying to recall, but I think it is one of the few surprise parties I have attended with the only other ones being for my grandparents in the US. And amazingly enough the surprisee claims he was actually suprised. We all thought for sure he would have found out especially living in the Facebook world!

It was quite a fun little gathering, but even though we had grandma come and pick up Toddler B to take him home for bedtime, we ended up leaving extremely early ourselves {like we are talking home by 10:00pm here}. A large portion of the guests left before us as well {lots of us seem to have kids now}, and only a few hardcore guests headed out to the bar after the dinner party was over.

I still have a couple of years to go before the big 3-0. For me it probably won't be much different since I have never really been one to party anyways, but boy does it make you feel old when you look around a room a 9:30 and all you see is yawning faces. Or maybe, it was just that it was a Friday evening? I am always too exhausted to stay up on Fridays after surviving the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment