Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Inaugural Post

I have always wanted to have a blog, and well, everyone has to start somewhere, so why not today, right!?

I have also always wanted my blog to be unique. I am a mother, and completely obsessed with all things baby and toddler. But when I thought about writing a blog I decided that I wanted it to be a little more then just what silly thing my little man said or did that day, or the neat toy I just bought for him (although I will still be sharing these tidbits as well). I wanted it to be readable by any woman.

So, I am going to focus on three me's, writing three weekly posts {I may be a little naive and ambitious as a newby blogger, so it remains to be seen whether I can actually do this}. The three me's are:

{M is for Mother and Monday}
Being a mommy will be the focus of Monday's post. I will share my experiences raising my 21-month-old son ~ good and bad. I may also highlight a particular mom, baby, or toddler product or company that I enjoy.

{W is for Wife and Wednesday}
Wednesdays I will focus on being a wife and homemaker. I struggle with this aspect of me everyday. I am not a good cook, cannot sew or knit, and I hate cleaning. Admittedly I am not blessed with any of the skills that befall the typical doting housewife. But perhaps there are others out there and we can learn together?

{F is for Female and Friday}
Fridays will be all about being a woman in general. How I try to maintain balance in my life by nurturing the other relationships in my life with friends, my mom, and my sister. I will also write about other things I am passionate about including event planning, stationery, and reading.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to take time to embrace "you" today!

Yours,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be great Lauren. I look forward to keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled here via Morgan's blog. Great inaugural post! As a new mom myself, I struggle to find the balance and give attention to all the different aspects of my life. Will be reading your blog with interest :)

    ReplyDelete