Friday, September 25, 2009

Fab Female in the Limelight

I discovered Paula and her company Limelight Photography through a good old fashioned Google search for "baby photographers in Calgary." I fell in love with her work, and after looking at her portfolio even decided to do some prenatal pictures. Since then we have worked with Paula three more times: when Baby B was 3-months-old, again when he was 9-months-old, and most recently we did a family shoot in August.


I have the pictures Paula has taken for us everywhere in my house. It's so important to me to document the growth of my family, and capture whatever moments we can forever in photographs. Paula is not only super-talented, but she has this amazing ability to click that button at just the right moment finding the smile between the cries of a newborn, or playful innocence in a tired, moody toddler. She also offers packages that include your touched-up digital negatives ~ a total must for anyone who is indecisive like me {I could never go through a bunch of pictures, and just pick a few poses}!

Paula is an inspiration to me for a variety of reasons, one being that I always wanted to be a good photographer, but never really had the skill {a photography class in college helped me discover this}. Second, Paula has turned a skill and obvious passion into her own business. And, third, she is also a mom and wife and somehow makes it all work!

I highly recommend Paula if you are looking for a photographer to help you hold onto your memories {she also does amazing weddings}. Here are pictures from each of the photo sessions my family has had with Limelight Photography. Please note that I have chosen to only share pictures that do not show our faces because I want to maintain a certain amount of privacy for my husband and son {they didn't decide to start writing this blog afterall}. This is not meant to devalue Paula's work... trust me she does also take fabulous pictures from the front! Check out Paula's blog to see more!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren - WOW - thank you!!! You are so sweet. Thank you for all your kind words and compliments. I appreciate it so much. It has been a pleasure for me to photograph your family and document a little bit of your lives. I hope to do it for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete