Friday, October 9, 2009

11 Weeks Until Christmas

I get a plethora of e-newsletters every week/month, and one of them this morning (http://www.simplemom.net/) reminded me that there are 11 weeks until Christmas. That may seem like a lot of time, but really when you put into perspective all the things that most people try to accomplish before the holidays, it really isn't!

Simple Mom writer Tsh (pronounced "Tish") is attempting to help everyone stay sane this year by setting weekly goals for each of us to accomplish so that we aren't doing everything last minute again this year. She has entitled the series of newsletters "12 Weeks to a Peaceful Christmas"

This week she suggests that you gather up all the addresses you will need for your holiday cards and research the different option that you have for sending said cards. Tsh suggests three options to consider {excluding the traditonal store-bought cards}, including making your own cards, ordering custom photo cards, or sending e-cards {and donating the money you would have spent on cards and postage to a charity}.

This made me curious, what option do you think you are going to pursue this year??? This year my family and I will be in Mexico for Christmas, something I am both excited and sad about {yay for getting out of the cold, boo for the change in traditions}. But, since I am already going to be having an un-traditional holiday, perhaps I should consider stepping out of my usual holiday card plan and look into the e-card option. Just not sure if the older generation will embrace this new-age idea... I think Grandma likes to proudly display her card {and the enclosed family photo} for all her friends to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment