Tuesday, September 7, 2010

App Love

Today I took Toddler B with me grocery shopping. Normally I go by myself on Sunday afternoons while he naps, but we were away this weekend. Toddler B is not a big fan of grocery shopping {or any shopping in general really}, so the promise that he could play with my iPhone while we were there {if he was a good boy} was required in order to get him out the door.

I thought I would share a few of our favourite apps right now for other moms in the same boat:

{1} I Write Words ~ teaches tiny fingers how to write their letters and put letters together to create words. BONUS: There is a lite version of the app if you want to try it first to see if your little one likes it. DOUBLE BONUS: There is also a little tap-a-tune piano that plays the alphabet song {which by the way is the same tune as Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Baa Baa Black Sheep}.

{2} Kideos ~ A collection of kid-friendly {still need to use your discretion on occasion} YouTube videos. KEEP IN MIND: This app requires an internet connection and will therefore use your data when you are not in a free WiFi area {Safeway has free WiFi FYI}. Toddler B ran this app a tonne while we were at Cross Iron Mills Mall recently and it didn't use up as much data as I anticipated, but it's still something to watch for.

{3} Chicktionary ~ Toddler B can't really play {the point of the app is to unscramble letters to create as many words as possible}, but he loves the sound effects on this one. Very addictive for parents too, so watch out! BONUS: This app was available for free {limited time offer} when I downloaded it, so it's worth checking out ASAP!

{4} Disney ~ A variety of fun games, activities and videos for all ages.

{5} My First Puzzles ~ Toddler B loves doing real puzzles and the e-puzzles have become favourites as well. There are lots of puzzle apps out there... find one that has a lite version to see if it has enough entertainment value for your child before you commit.

Next on my apps to purchase list: Super Why, WordWorld, and possibly Wheel of Furtune {another app with both kid and adult appeal... even if they can't play it properly sometimes the sounds or effects are entertaining enough!}. I think I'll save those ones to download before our next airplane trip though!

What app can't you live without {either for you or your kids}?

No comments:

Post a Comment